About Little Crickets Pre-school
Little Crickets Pre-school is a non-profit making registered charity. It is managed by a voluntary Management Board of Parents/Carers and has a paid team of qualified staff.
The Pre-school was established as ‘Harlow Hilltop Pre-school’ in 1974 and was originally situated in the ‘Green Hut’, Harlow Community Centre, Harrogate. In January 2012 it moved to its current location at Harrogate Cricket Club and changed it’s name to Little Crickets Pre-school.
We are regularly inspected by Ofsted in order to ensure that the quality of care and education we provide meets their standards. We are registered as a provider of childcare on the Early Years Register and the Childcare Register, to provide care for 2 to 5 year olds.
We work closely with our parents to provide the best in early years education.
To provide an inclusive, enriching and stimulating environment; meeting the needs of our unique children and their families, offering a diverse range of play-based experiences, and supporting the child to become an effective and motivated learner
Our Aims and Objectives
- To provide a safe and caring environment in which every child will find an abundance of opportunities for movement, exploration and self-discovery
- To employ qualified, experienced, passionate and genuinely caring staff
- To provide a positive atmosphere in which each child is valued, encouraging positive self-esteem and respect for others’ values and beliefs
- To ensure the learning environment is a happy place with lots of opportunity to have fun and make new friends
- To assist each child to grow to their fullest potential by recognising each stage of development and fashioning an environment designed to nurture and facilitate growth during each stage
- To help children achieve independence, and to develop as creative thinkers with an enthusiasm for learning
- To provide equal opportunities and activities which enable children to learn through play, whilst being aware of each child’s individual needs and developmental capabilities
- To work in close partnership with all parents and carers, through open communication, to support the early years journey for each child